Life Update // I Quit My Job!! + My EX-Job Work Story

Vest Zara // Sweater Zara // Pants Gina Tricot // Shoes DinSko // Bag DKNY

Hello there! I have started to blog and share some outfits here more lately and I want and will do more of that, but I thought I would give you a life update as well because things are changing over here. 

Over the last months, I have been feeling really bad. Almost as bad as my second last year in school where I hit the wall and almost got depressed. And it was due to my work.

 I have mentioned before in a blog post more than a year ago (I sounded very excited back then, but I did not know what would happen later...) that I work (now workED) at Uniqlo. I was in the first Uniqlo Sweden and Scandinavia Team ever and we opened the first store in Sweden and in Scandinavia. And I'm glad that I got to experience that because the opening was pretty cool (and crazy), so I have experienced some good moments too. But I knew from the first week at Uniqlo that the company wasn't for me. We were a month in a Training Centre first (but I was luckily there for just 8 days because I went on vacation to Thailand) and it felt like a military camp. Seriously. It was awful and horrible. And so weird. But my parents told me to keep going and also I wanted to see what it was like to work in the actual store later. So I kept going and decided that I'm going to stay for a year to get experience because it's good to have on your resume that you have been working in the same place for at least a year. So time went on and I felt more and more that this company is not for me. It's not the kind of store I want to work in. It felt more like a factory than a clothing store. We don't share the same values and also the work ethic there was so bad. And different from how we work in Sweden. All the managers came from other countries so of course, that's why, and I understand it in some way. But if they have been treated like they treated us there whole life, I kind of feel sorry for them. Because they treated us like trash. But I'm good at not taking things personally so I was okay. I went home after work and tried to not think about it. 

But in March I started to feel bad. Not only because the management was bad, but other things also made me feel bad but I won't talk about them here. Every day it got worse and suddenly I had anxiety every time I was going to go to work. And on my free days, I wasn't able to relax because I had anxiety over that tomorrow I will be back at work again. And even though I have been doing so many fun things this past year, like buying an apartment for example (more about that later), I haven't been able to fully enjoy it and be 100 % happy. I have always had this work anxiety in the back of my head. So in July when I went on vacation for 3 weeks, I knew that I have to change this. 

I started to apply for jobs, went on an interview and it felt so good afterward. The store manager was the sweetest ever and we got a really good connection. And two weeks after she called me and said that I had got the job and that she immediately felt like I was the one for the job, and it made me so happy! By then I had started to work again so the day after I resigned at Uniqlo and now 1 month later I'm FINALLY OUT OF THERE!!!!! And it feels so good and I feel happy. I will now have more time for my family, my boyfriend, my friends and my hobbies 🖤🖤🖤. 

So now I have two weeks of "vacation/free time" before I start my new job and I will also study on the side which I look forward to so much. I think I'm finally ready to go back to school haha! So now I will be at home for a week and then go to Spain with my mom for a few days to really unwind, relax, start over and just have a good time. I'm so excited!!

^^ I cut my hair yesterday! Best feeling ever. But now I have to learn how to style a bob, help haha! 

No comments